Community discussions

MikroTik App

fxwireless
just joined
Topic Author

Loop Protect

Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:57 pm

Will SWOS get a loop protect feature ? Noticed there is nothing like that at the moment nor will it send the port into shut mode if such an error is detected.

Cheers!

EdPa
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Loop Protect

Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:29 am

I would recommend using RSTP instead as it is more commonly used, complies with other switch STP variants and gives you some configuration options.

KorokoTen
just joined

Re: Loop Protect

Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:04 am

Hello!
Didn't find a guide in the Mikrotik wiki and help portal how to use RSTP in SwOS as Loop Protect feature on user ports.
Should I just enable RSTP on user ports, and that's all? Bridge Priority can have any value? What if some malicious user send a BPDU packet? I don't understand how to make a port "edge" if it's a read-only field. If there's a loop behind one port (e.g. faulty hardware on the user side), what will happen, the port will link down? I would need to re-enable the port or it goes down for some timeout?

Now I'm thinking about buying a CRS unit, and lack of Loop Protect feature is a thing that makes me uncertain about it. That feature saved my day many times on the other vendor's switches.