Community discussions

MikroTik App

iTomCzechia
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik at home. Help please

Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:02 am

Disapprove
Hello, i would like to ask you (experts!) for help. Sorry for long story. I am not IT expert so sorry for my simple description.
My situation:
- i have main router from ISP (T-Mobile CZ via DSL) Zyxel VMG8823-B50B with turn off wifi and firewall turn on. To this router is connected home server for data Asus Nas As1002t v2.
- i have home cable distribution. For easy description: 3 floors with data socket connected to Zyxel via switches.
- on every floor i have one socket. 1st floow (kitchen) and 2nd floor (living room) are with MikroTik RouterBOARD cAP ac RBcAPGi-5acD2nD. 3rd floor is with Routerboard MikroTik RB952Ui-5ac2nD-TC (office).
- few devices are connected by Lan to socket (tv, playstation, tmobile tv..), family use mainly apple devices.
- one speciality: i use homepod with homekit and need to access to homepod from all floors.
- i tried Home AP Dual mode for all 3 mikrotiks but this was not good (cant access to homepod out of living room and transmission was bad with homeoffice ect.).
- is possible use 2,4 ghz and 5 ghz separately?
- i have winbox for set up.

Please experts, what type of settings can you recommend with my situation? Home Mesh? Dual AP? CapsMan? I need same ssid for all wifi and easy covered house with access to homepod and data server via wifi. Thank you!