Community discussions

MikroTik App

vedrandobos
just joined
Topic Author

LAG/trunk/bonding between RouterOS and SwitchOS

Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:29 pm

Hello everyone,

(preamp - I'll use the term LAG - LinkAGgregation to avoid possible confusion. I want to use 2 (or more) cables simultaneously to connect switches together)

I have been struggling for the past week to connect a CSS326-24G-2S+ and two CRS112-8P-4S with LAG.
Had the CSS326 for a while and LAG worked fine with TrueNAS and a Cisco switch and I fell in love with it. I decided to add 2x CRS112 for IP cameras, IP intercom system and 4x hAP AC2 to put around the house. It took me some time to learn ROS (first time using it for anything on this scale), but in the end I think I got it, everything works as I'd like, except the LAG.

Using 2 VLANs (2 and 10) if that matters
2 is guest/internet/DMZ
10 is internal_LAN/management
Router "on a stick" is a pfSense running in a VM inside ESXi, and all routing is done exclusively on it.

I tried to create a LAG under "switch" (bond) and/or under "interfaces" (bonding) in ROS
Tried all the options in SwOS: passive/active/static. Sometimes I see the LAG groups and/or MAC addresses, and sometimes don't.
Think I tried all combinations on both sides.
Everything goes haywire when I turn it on and connect both sides with 2 cables. I suspect a broadcast storm. Might be because a wrong configured VLAN somewhere, how to check?

Won't flood the 1st post with screenshots but just a simple diagram, and will gladly provide any additional info needed.
MikroTik.png
I'm out of ideas. I'm probably missing a simple checkbox or setting somewhere, or a strict order of operations, but cannot figure it on my own.
Running single links for now.
Firmware are the latest ROS 7.1rc6 (tried with 6.49 and 7.1rc5) and SwOS 2.13.

Thanks in advance.
Vedran
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.