Community discussions

MikroTik App

slimjim181
just joined
Topic Author

CRS312-4C+8XG Connection Errors

Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:05 am

Hi there

I'm new here but just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

So, I have recently purchased a CRS312-4C+8XG for its affordable 12x 10GbE ports for a client.
Its running SwOS on 2.13 (The latest firmware) and I have changed no settings as its just functioning as an unmanaged switch.

I'm connecting a custom-built workstation with an Asus ROG Strix X570-F motherboard which has a built in 1G NIC and an extra Asus XG-C100C 10GbE NIC added in.
The ethernet cables are all Cat6a patched through a wall to a patch panel, then patched to the CRS312-4C+8XG

Expected:
10GbE connection from Asus XG-C100C to switch is stable

Actual:
10GbE connection from Asus XG-C100C to switch is unstable

What I mean by unstable:
Using an internet browser - pages sometimes don't load/load awfully slow.

Using the built in 1GbE port is perfectly stable but its only 1GbE, this switch is used for video editing to work off an NVMe NAS so yes 10GbE is required.

From experience I have this kind of behaviour if you trying to run 10GbE done a Cat5e

Further to this I can see an Rx MAC error for this port under the errors tab in SwOS

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how I can get this connection functioning with 10GbE? many thanks