Community discussions

MikroTik App

S1mon
just joined
Topic Author

Bad/Unstable Performance with LTE6 Kit

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:34 pm

Hi all,
Im new to all this LTE-Router Topic so please excuse if i miss some obvious things :)
I got a Mikrotik LTE6 Kit and installed it today.
At the same location as the LTE6 Kit i got with the same SIM-Card in my phone ~145Mbps Down and ~40Mbps Up, so pretty good for me. With the LTE6 Kit im just around ~80 Down and 30 Up.
Also with the LTE6 the perfomance is really unstable. I automated a speedtest each 5minutes for a few hours and get massive drops to 20 Down/4Up in every 4th to 5th measurement.
I also detected when i look at the output of interface lte info lte1 massive jumps in the sinr value between 27dB and 7dB in just a few second (One time a saw also a peak at 34dB). I think could be a reason for the "unstable" connection, right?
Firefox_Screenshot_2021-11-20T15-32-52.807Z.png
When working in the network, sometime a website loads multiple seconds and a few seconds later (in a diffent browser to have no cache) it loads very fast.

Router OS: 6.49.1 (also tried already 6.48.5 & 7.1rc6 but with same results)
LTE Firmware: V029

I hope you can help me in fixing this Problem as its very frustrating that its that unstable and poorer performance then with my phone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.