Community discussions

MikroTik App

IrishLad
just joined
Topic Author

Is this P2P link correct

Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:28 pm

Hi All,
I am looking some advise, attached is the stats of a P2P link between 2x SXT G-5HPacD running RouterOS 6.49

The link speed varies a lot, and nv2 does appear to keep it stable compared to nStream.
But the stats on the link seem very weak, and make me think the link could be improved.

Any advice would be welcome, I am not a wireless engineer, but would like to learn more about this type of connection.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Is this P2P link correct

Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:05 pm

Personally i would not use 80MHz channel width, did you try with 40 MHz ? ( if you see your Rx uses 40 MHz and reports better Rates than the Tx with 80 MHz )
One Antenna reports bad signal on the Tx chain, did you try for a better aiming ?
The CCQ does not look good, but for the CCQ to be sure it is better to test it if there is traffic at the time ...
Also, did you try changing your Frequency ?

IrishLad
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Is this P2P link correct

Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:13 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried various frequency, I done a scan at each end and tested some unused frequencies, but it didn't make much difference.
We did manually realign the radios as best we could using the alignment tool within with radio, and manually adjusting based on signal strength.

I never tested 40Mhz, but can try this, throughput was the main objective so 80Mhz was already set, will test 40Mhz and see what happens.

There was no real traffic at the time, so I can load the link with traffic and check the CCQ again.