Community discussions

MikroTik App

xaviernuma
Topic Author

SSTP - Client connect to LAN but must not use the internet of the VPN

Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:14 pm

Hi,

I use SSTP server on Mikrotik HEX in office.
My computer, on Windows 10, connect to VPN SSTP on this HEX, I access LAN perfectly, but my connection use distant Internet and not my internet of my home.

For resolve this problem, I have uncheck use gateway by defaut on my computer...

I would like to know if there is a manipulation that we could do on the HEX so that the clients do not have to make any modification (uncheck the use of the default gateway for example)

Thanks for your help.

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: SSTP - Client connect to LAN but must not use the internet of the VPN

Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:24 pm

For resolve this problem, I have uncheck use gateway by defaut on my computer...
Correct...
The server can not be configured in a way to restrict the client to use it as a default Gateway...
That is something that should manually be configured on the client...

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: SSTP - Client connect to LAN but must not use the internet of the VPN

Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:47 pm

Server can be configured to block internet access from VPN clients. They will still have to change their config, but it will help them to not forget. ;) Or just provide the info in a way that the problem doesn't occur, i.e. Windows 10 users need just one command to add VPN connection:
Add-VpnConnection -Name "<connection name>" -ServerAddress <server address> -TunnelType "Sstp" -EncryptionLevel "Maximum" -AuthenticationMethod MSChapv2 -SplitTunneling -RememberCredential
If there's need to route additional subnet(s), then one or more:
Add-VpnConnectionRoute -ConnectionName "<connection name>" -DestinationPrefix <network address>/<mask>