Community discussions

MikroTik App

gogreen
just joined
Topic Author

Hotspot Bandwidth Sharing (Parent/Child)

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:04 pm

Hello,
I have a Mikrotik 750Gr3 Routerboard.
It has static dhcp & hotspot configured.
User Manager is configured and its getting authenticated well, everything is running nice and cozy.

Here's what i wanna achieve;
Lets suppose i have a client on hotspot its active and working okay, let's call this client abc.
Now this abc client asks me for a shared user for he has two or more devices at home and he wants to connect them to internet.
Now lets suppose this client has 10Mbps consistent speed. How can i assign him that same speed for both (or more) of his devices.
I was successful sharing the user on multiple devices but each of them created a dynamic queue and got dedicated 10Mb on all of them which is what i want to limit to his allowed limit.

For an idea > I want to configure 10Mbps parent queue and assign both of his device's queue as child of that parent queue so that client still has that 10Mbps shared on all of his devices and if one of the device is using 3Mbps he should be able to get remaining 7Mbps on his 2nd device. Or if the second device is using 6Mbps, the remaining 4Mbps should be available to his 1st device.

Is it possible?
How hard is it to implement..?
I need to do this for 15-20 clients.
I don't wanna use PPPoE for clients because it wastes about 2-3% bandwidth for some reason.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gogreen
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Hotspot Bandwidth Sharing (Parent/Child)

Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:37 pm

Bump!!