Community discussions

MikroTik App

usx
Topic Author

Bug in Web Interface: Chrome click on list item does not open item, but show move icon.

Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:46 am

There is a bug in webif which has been bothering me now for several years:

Sometimes, when I click on an item in a list, for example a firewall rule or a queue item, the item won't open, but the cursor directly turns into a move action. When I then move the mouse while the button is depressed, it moves the item in the list. There is no way to edit the item.

This does not happen in Firefox.

In Chrome:
When the header "#" is active for sorting (the default, instead of "sort by name") so that it gets sorted by item number, then this problem appears, I can only move the item. Sometimes I can initially also click to edit it, but after a couple of times this stops working. This is the bug.

In this buggy state, I can use RMB to edit the item, but this also opens Chrome's context menu. This does not work when the bug is not "active".

In Firefox:
When the header "#" is active for sorting, so that it gets sorted by item number, I can move the item if I start dragging it, or just click it to edit it. This has no bug.

This also happens when no extensions are installed, also incognito mode does not help.