Community discussions

MikroTik App

sniffs
just joined
Topic Author

Need help with possible VLAN config

Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:31 pm

Hi, I seem to be having a strange issue with one of my computers and I'm not sure if it's because of a VLAN misconfigurations on my second upstairs switch.

I have 4 VLANS configured on my router. A 192.168.8.0/24(Computer VLAN), a 192.168.107.0/24(My IoT VLAN), a 10.13.37.0/24(My server VLAN), and a 10.13.10.0/24(Dell iDRAC VLAN)

I have 2 CSS326's, one downstairs and one upstairs. My network looks like this,

Router SFP+ port 1 uplinks to CSS326 SPF+ port 1(Switch 1 downstairs) - This downstairs switch has my Plex server, my blu-ray player, my TV and my AppleTV. All are getting proper IPs from the computer VLAN

CSS326(Switch 1 downstairs) SFP+ port 2 uplinks to CSS326 SFP+ port 1(Switch 2 upstairs) - This switch has all the same VLAN's as Switch 1 and this is where my servers IDRAC connect to

On this Switch 2, SFP+ port 2 connects to my personal computer. This computer for some reason is being assigned all the IPv6 gateways for all my VLANs. IPconfig shows 3 IPv6 gateways and 3 IPv6 addresses which is causing a ton of internet issues for this PC when communicating to things over IPV6.

Could this be because the port is configured to receive all VLANs? IPv4 works fine and I'm only getting 1 IPv4 address and 1 IPv4 gateway. IPv6 on the other hand is broken completely on this PC. NONE of my other devices are experiencing this.

sniffs
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Need help with possible VLAN config

Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:43 pm

I figured it out. I checked my Plex server and noticed it was doing the same thing and then checked the VLAN config and forgot to untag the ports. Once I did that, the other IPv6 gateways disappeared.