Community discussions

MikroTik App

h0m3
just joined
Topic Author

Netwatch deleted script

Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:54 pm

Hello friends,

I had a couple scripts to switch between my main ISP link and my backup on netwatch using routing distance. They basically test my main link and change the distance to switch to the backup, not a big deal. It also sends an error log to mikrotik system which in turns warns me trought email (any error is logged to my email).

I've setup this about a week ago when I switched ISPs. Okay, tested by literally yanking the fiber cable from my modems and as expected my router switched links and sent me a email and it worked perfectly.

Today by pure chance I was using my phone line, which shares the same fiber as my backup link and my backup just failed. I was puzzled by why I didn't received an email telling me that my backup has failed, which I've tested a week ago and by my surprise when i've opened netwatch I had the rule but on "On Up" and "On Down" scripts where empty...

Strangely I have other scripts on my DHCP Client to manually update routing bc both my ISPs send dynamic IPs, and those where intact. I'll have to rewrite the scripts, should have backed up, but this is no big deal, the real problem is WHY this happened, and I want some help, bc makes this function unreliable. And I need some help on this. The deal is, I'm the only person that (supposedly) login in that router.

My Mikrotik is the rb750gr3 and my RouterOS is v6.49 stable