Community discussions

MikroTik App

khialb32
Topic Author

TWO WIREGUARD INTERFACES WITH SAME PEER!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:19 pm

Hello everyone,
so I have a Router v7 that I use with Wireguard interfaces,
I did set up the first WG interface just fine and it works normally.
I wanted to add a second interface, but connect that second interface to the same peer ( yet the peer entry should be assigned to the second interface) ,
of course, I used a different IP address on the interface and I used different key pairs ( which means that only one peer per public key is allowed despite being assigned to a different WG interface)
yet when I try to add a peer with the same public Key, it tells me that the peer already exists,
I know that the peer exists, but I want to use two interfaces connected to the same peer (same server - so I can router data to each interface through a different WAN table )
is there a way to do that!

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: TWO WIREGUARD INTERFACES WITH SAME PEER!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:41 pm

Impossible and that's what the error message is telling you.
Private/public key pairs are unique.
No way to mix them.
Also no way to reuse the same key on multiple peers. That last part might be considered a bug by some in the Mikrotik implementation (but I'm not one of them).

msatter
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: TWO WIREGUARD INTERFACES WITH SAME PEER!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:21 pm

Stacking routers could be an option with using different ports. I wished to it could be in done in one router.

The port of the peer is the same but address is different when I look at NordLynx. The multiple clients have the same address but different ports.