Community discussions

MikroTik App

Megaman69
just joined
Topic Author

New CRS312-4C+8XG-RM Wont Forward DHCP Requests

Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:40 am

Hi, just got my first MikroTik Switch! Actually its my first ever awesome, 10 Gig, Managed switch, so im having a bit of a learning curve. I just need it in dumb switch mode. Dont need VLANS or anything special right now.

I turned it on, got into it and changed to SWos. Then set it to DHCP and assigned an ip in pfsense. The switch picks up the IP. My laptop and PFSense are the only things plugged in.

On the link page of the GUI it says link on and shows correct speeds where it should.

On the VLAN page I have VLAN Mode set to optional, VLAN Receive set to any, I deleted the Default VLAN ID, and Force VLAN ID is not checked. Its the same for all 12 ports.

On the System tab Address Acquisition is set to DHCP, Static IP is blank, Allow From is blank, Allow From Ports are all checked, Allow From VLAN is blank, Watchdog is checked, Independent VLAN Lookup is not checked, IGMP Snooping is not checked, IGMP Fast Leave is not checked, MikroTik Discovery Protocol is checked, Trusted Ports is only port 1 checked, Add Information Option is not checked.

My Laptop will not get an IP from DHCP. I have to set a static ip even to connect to the switch. After that nothing comes up in PFSense saying its connected. I cannot ping my laptop from PFSense but I can ping the switch. And from my laptop I can ping the switch, but not PFSense or google . com. Also when I am in the Windows network connections menu the ethernet connection (which is connected to the switch) says unidentified network.

Ive been playing with this thing for a few days and haven't been able to get it. Please let me know if you know what Im doing wrong or if I need to provide more information. I really want to get this switch working.

Thanks

mixig

Re: New CRS312-4C+8XG-RM Wont Forward DHCP Requests

Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:07 am

Leave default vlan id 1, apply config and test again