Community discussions

MikroTik App

sheliak
just joined
Topic Author

Wireless bridge - configuration and selection of equipment

Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:31 pm

Hello

I am asking for help in choosing the equipment and creating the connection ... Ages ago I was dealing with wireless networks and I know that it is possible to connect two antennas (routers) in such a way that they are transparent to the network, one probably in AP mode and the other in CPE mode (if good I remember). I am already writing exactly what it is about.

I would like to connect a control computer with a cabinet wirelessly at work. At present, the computer is normally connected with twisted-pair cable and the connection is wired, but I would like to convert it to wireless using two mikrotik devices. Routing is out of the question for this episode. Simply put, I want to make a "wireless cable" :) to connect two devices.
However, the solution must meet several conditions:
- work on a voltage of 24V (even up to 28.8V)
- the connection does not have to be fast but stable (it has to work with electrical disturbances) and the transmitted data is in the order of kilobytes
- for what is probably the most important devices, after connecting to the electricity, they must find themselves and connect with each other

And now the second issue is the equipment. What would be best for this?
It may be the 2.4GHz band, as I wrote earlier, the transmission is data of several hundred kilobytes, and the distance between one antenna and the other will not exceed 15m.
It is important that the antenna at the computer is as small as possible, because it is to become a "portable tablet"
At the beginning I thought about two CAP Lites but I do not know if it is possible to configure them in CPE and AP mode

I am asking for help in the selection of equipment and configuration

Thank you