Community discussions

MikroTik App

mozerd
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Netinstall and hAP ac2

Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:01 am

I needed to Netinstall the subject device. The experience was truly remarkable because it took 6 attempts before a successful install … SIX attempts —- truly unbelievable. 7.1 Stable runs very nicely on this device now. I wonder how many others give up after 3 attempts at Netinstall …. There must be a better way ….. I almost did give up after the 5th attempt but persevered and when on the 6th attempt IT appeared hallelujah….

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Netinstall and hAP ac2

Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:30 pm

I needed to Netinstall the subject device. The experience was truly remarkable because it took 6 attempts before a successful install … SIX attempts —- truly unbelievable. 7.1 Stable runs very nicely on this device now. I wonder how many others give up after 3 attempts at Netinstall …. There must be a better way ….. I almost did give up after the 5th attempt but persevered and when on the 6th attempt IT appeared hallelujah….
Did you change anything between attempts ?
I mean did you find why it worked in the 6th attempt and not in the previous ones ?

mozerd
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:59 pm

I mean did you find why it worked in the 6th attempt and not in the previous ones ?
On the 6th attempt --- Yes I did change the version of Netinstall from version 7.1[stable] to version 6.49.2[Stable]

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:21 pm

On the 6th attempt --- Yes I did change the version of Netinstall from version 7.1[stable] to version 6.49.2[Stable]
Changing the Netinstall version has worked for me in the past as well...