Community discussions

MikroTik App

JanZorz
Topic Author

BGP advertisements print

Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:48 pm

Hi,

What's the equivalent of ROS6 command: /routing bgp advertisements print in ROS7.1?

Cheers, Jan

eduplant
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: BGP advertisements print

Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:39 pm

I think the current word is still that it’s not implemented yet. mrz from support indicated this back in August [1] and I still don’t see it in v7.1stable. Here’s hoping that in addition to a view of RIB-OUT we get a proper RIB-IN with the new BGP implementation :)

[1] viewtopic.php?p=876053#p876053

Nevon
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:55 am

I just got live with one of our BR that got two eBGP full feed and one iBGP.
I must say that everything is going ok.. but I feel like Im fumble in the dark to have control over what I advertise..
In the peer windows prefix count is 0 on all of my peers... 🙈

Looking forward to next version to get some more self-confidence...

eduplant
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:28 am

Not being able to see the advertisements is a little rough. At least it sounds like it’s going to be implemented it’s just not ready yet.

How is the new /routing/routes working for seeing inbound routes in your production environment? According to the docs: “Read-only table that lists routes from all the address families as well as all filtered routes with all possible route attributes.” It should be possible to finally see the unadulterated RIB-IN which is a big improvement for troubleshooting over 6.x.x.

I only run Mikrotik in a low-stakes environment not as part of my day job. If I did it’d be hard to get me onto 7.1 just yet. Not that this is Mikrotik’s fault – this is pretty par for the course for any vendor that has just made a big version jump. I am very excited for it to reach the point where it’s hard to point to 6.x.x as being superior in any real way. So far I’ve been really happy with the improvements on the whole.

JanZorz
Topic Author

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:34 am

How is the new /routing/routes working for seeing inbound routes in your production environment?
That's actually quite a useful thing to have... it shows some interesting information about routes and filters (also RPKI).

Cheers, Jan