Community discussions

MikroTik App

ramberger
just joined
Topic Author

RouterOS7 - OSPF Type Help

Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:08 pm

Hello, recently purchased 3 of the CCR2004 routers and I was hoping to get some assistance with my OSPF config. Embarrassing to admit this, but I have spent a lot of time trying to set my OSPF Redistribution (Connected, static, & other OSPF) as Type 1. Every routing filter rule I've attempted to create has failed miserably. Our Instance config on OS6 typically looked like this (snippet from a router on our network):

set [ find default=yes ] redistribute-connected=as-type-1 \
redistribute-other-ospf=as-type-1 redistribute-static=as-type-1 \
router-id=172.22.1.107

I just need a similar config to work on OS7 and I've just reached my breaking point. I've searched Google and the forums and I can't seem to find a situation like mine to take and adjust to my needs. One was very close, but I just keep getting errors when trying to add the rule. We set redistribute default to never, but I was thinking I read that was off by default in OS7. I'll have to check up on that part. My main issue is what I've mentioned above.This is my OS7 config so far:

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: RouterOS7 - OSPF Type Help

Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:41 pm

OSPF distributes routes as external type1 by default. But if you need to override it, then use routing filters:
/routing/filter/rule add rule="set ospf-ext-type type1; accept;"