Community discussions

MikroTik App

rsnTyler
just joined
Topic Author

The Dude Agent Port Issue

Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:23 pm

Hello!

So. I am trying to setup remote polling agents using The Dude.

More specifically, I am trying to get our Dude device page to log into a few RouterOS devices.

Problem being, these devices have non-default ports setup for the Winbox service. It seems that The Dude will only log into the ROS devices when it has the default Winbox port set.

Is there a way to tell the device page to use a specific port for Winbox? It appears there use to be a feature like that in the old version of the dude.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

inteq

Re: The Dude Agent Port Issue

Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:16 am

If you are changing the default Winbox port hoping to be "stealthy", you are doing it wrong.
Just leave the darn port at default and setup good firewall rules/allow only whitelisted management IPs

bofhgr
just joined

Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:21 pm

I am having the same issue, and by looking at the forums seems to have been an issue for ever.

We should be able to provide a non-default port for The Dude to access Winbox, and there are UI elements to change that supposedly do just that. However it seems this is an issue for many years now and it still exists. Why isn't it working as intended?

The answer 'leave the default and don't change it' is not an option for some and when Winbox itself works fine when using non-default ports it's a shame that The Dude doesn't!

Is this a bug that hasn't been address for many years now or what?

inteq

Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:28 pm

I am all for more options and customizability, don't get me wrong.
Just curious as to why the need for a diferent WinBox port and more importantly, why "is not an option for some"?

grumpazoid
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:12 pm

Just setup the Dude Server on a spare Mikrotik and have discovered the same issue.
So I can't monitor my routers because I choose to use a different port for winbox. Seems like a major oversight.

stmx38
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:54 pm

It was already discussed and reported - Dude - Device RouterOS on no-standard Port, hope it will be fixed in v7 :)