Community discussions

MikroTik App

bisky20
just joined
Topic Author

At the satellite site, there are challenges with Azure S2S VPN and a Mikrotik router.

Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:11 am

We have two sites, both of which have Mikrotik routers, and they are connected by a direct tunnel so that the satellite building can access the data at the main office. At Head Office, we have the Azure S2S VPN set up, and I can access the servers in the VNET and vice versa. We attempted to connect the satellite office to Azure today in order for them to have access to the cloud as well. The configuration is nearly identical, and I've built a new local connection on the Azure gateway. The local connection indicates that it is active, which is positive because it indicates that the VPN is operational. The problem I'm having is that when I try to ping a cloud machine from the satellite site, it succeeds for the first ping but fails for the others, just as pinging to on-prem from the cloud. I checked wireshark, and the pings are transmitted but fail after the first one, and wireshark on the other machine receives nothing after the first ping.