Community discussions

MikroTik App

weidmar
just joined
Topic Author

Reset Behavior

Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:46 pm

Hi all,

i struggled with netinstall last year, but managed it so far. But i could need some support concerning the reset-behavior of the board.
I use the RB912UAG and need, the board to fallback, after reset, to a customized configuration. I apologize, but how it is explained in the Manual, confuses me a lot.
Until this moment, i thought, that giving an config-script, while installing with netinstall will replace any default-config on the board. So if you reset the board, it will fall back to my own configuration. But i found out, that reset the board via winbox, with "no default configuration" checked, the board will loose all configurations. this is from the Manual:
"If set, then Netinstall will apply a custom configuration script after installing RouterOS. The file must be in .rsc file format and must be produced by the export command. The configuration script will replace the device's default configuration and will be applied each time you reset your device back to the default configuration. Resetting the device without the default configuration is not affected. This behaviour can be reverted using Netinstall and by selecting Apply default config." The Lines marked are confusing me.

Is there a way, that the Board will fall in any case back to my configuration?
Best Regards

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Reset Behavior

Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:56 pm

reset the board via winbox, with "no default configuration" checked
This results in a router without any configuration (except maybe a DHCP client on ether1), and that does not change when you apply your own custom configuration script in netinstall.
To get that, you need to reset it without that option.