I can configure the SWos to boot one or two times and gain access to the web interface. I assigned a true static IP of 192.168.10.2 to it, not static leasing, so ARP on PfSense (192.168.10.1) does not see it.
I came back today to tinker and I can no longer get back in via web or WinBox. However I can ping and WinBox can find via IP and MAC?
1. What is the IP address seen in WinBox Neighbors ? That's the one to use.
2. WinBox will connect to SwOS by launching your default browser. Connection is with the browser, not with WinBox !
3. Default browser must be able to HTTP connect to your CRS326. Be aware of possible proxy or Socks setting in the browser.
4. The CRS326 IP implementation is simple. It will answer to the same IP address and to the same MAC address as the requesting packet.
5. SwOS hopes to find the way back this way. (reply to IP and MAC) It does not understand subnets or routing gateway
6. RouterOS can be opened via MAC address with WinBox or with another RouterOS, even if the IP settig is wrong or missing. SwOS cannot do that..
7. Some devces "forget" the path for a specific MAC address. So access may stop after a period of silence.
8. After "reset" SwOS will again try to pick up a DHCP address from the network. If the DHCP server is not ready for this, some SwOS versions (like 2.12) end up with no IP address.