Community discussions

MikroTik App

nickk
just joined
Topic Author

Odd traffic "drops" for CRS268 in RouterOS

Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:40 am

Good day,

I am pretty new to configuring CRS3-xx devices in RouterOS but I recently switched from using SwOS to RouterOS as I want to make use of some functionality not available in SwOS.

I am using the CRS purely as a switch and I believe I have configured it correctly to take advantage of HW switch chip (not sending traffic to CPU). I have it configured in the bridge with the VLAN's tagged like this the image below:
mtvlans.png
Everything seems to work fine and my devices are connected but I am getting a strange issue that only presents itself in RouterOS.

On some interfaces I am streaming video (CCTV - RTSP and video media) and over those interfaces there are regular bursts of connectivity and then drops to zero. There is no reported packet loss of errors in the interface statistics
mtdrops.png
You can see that at regular intervals the traffic drops to nothing. This results in ping packet drops that seem to correspond to the drops. As well is causing frame drops and hitches in the CCTV footage.

The architecture is as follows:

Primary site -> Secondary site:

Router (PA-220) -> CRS328 -> hEX PoE -> RBCube-60ad -> wireless bridge-> RBCube60ad -> Fortigate 60e

The goal here is to share local resources and stream CCTV back to the NVR on the primary site. The problem I am experiencing is only apparent when the CRS is booted in RouterOS - it works flawlessly in SwOS which makes me think I have something configured badly.

Firmware for all MKT devices is 7.1.1 (I know its still quite early in the release - I didn't test on 6.x firmware)

I am a bit lost as to where to begin looking. I can switch back to SwOS in the meantime (or permanently if needed) but I would like to use RouterOS if possible.

Thanks for any guidance and assistance here.

Nick
mtping.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.