Community discussions

MikroTik App

richaye
just joined
Topic Author

Can not access router

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:49 pm

Microtic 8 port router is working fine. Was trying to add a 2nd wifi router and could not. Found out I could not log into Winbox and strangely could not even ping the Microtic router (Ping times out) The Netis wireless router seems to be working ok and wireless devices can access it, but they can not get to the internet. Have 6 of the 8 ports in use and all devices using those ports work without issues ... All can connect to the Internet. But the added wifi router can not access the microtic router.

Can not log into Winbox, doesn't recognise my login or password. (has been running unattended for several years okay)
Can not access the microtik router directly via any of the other computers via 192.168.1.2. Checked my Win 10 pc and that is the address reported for the Microtic router.
Can not ping the Microtik ..

But it is still working perfectly. Just can no longer access it directly or get a 2nd added router added to it working. I have a couple PCs that are running 24/7 and I would try a hard reset of the router, but am worried I might end up with a non functioning system ..

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Can not access router

Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:16 am

has been running unattended for several years okay
If so, it's very likely that it got infected by malware, a number of vulnerabilities has been discovered and patched throughout last couple of years. So a netinstall with a current long-term version seems to be the only right thing to do.