Community discussions

MikroTik App

Madcat71
just joined
Topic Author

Do i have a CapsMan issue?

Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:35 pm

Hi I am a novis on Mikrotik but I find them very fun and powerful to use, I have a CapsMan problem. At least I think it´s CapsMan fault.
I have a small wifi network with only two AP´s for now one cAP ac and the Chateau LTE12 that runs CapsMan. I have about 15-20 devices connected to the cAP ac (mostly IoT stuff, going to replace it with a cAP XL ac) soon.
I have 3 ventilation units I control over wifi, 1 is master 1 is slave and one is a standalone unit all wit static IP´s outside of the DHCP range. So my problem is that as soon as I enable CapsMan the slave unit starts to be assigned/asks for a IP every 10-20sec and I lose connection to all three devices and the log fills up with those entry’s saying deassigned/assigned IP 192.168.0.103 for example.
(I have no idea why I lose connection to the standalone device aswell) all i can set on the devices are SSID/pwd DHCP/static IP and gateway.

If I turn CapsMan off everything goes back to normal and functions again.
I have tried to let DHCP handle the addresses but the same problem occurs as soon as I turn on CapsMan. I have tried to just run the simplest form of capsman without any more than the necessary config to make it work (I have rates and channel stuff set up otherwise) to rule out any of my settings in there but that doesn’t help.

link to the ventilation I use.
https://blaubergventilatoren.de/product ... #downloads

Log

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Do i have a CapsMan issue?

Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:15 pm

What kind of forwarding are you using?
I have a small wifi network with only two AP´s for now one cAP ac and the Chateau LTE12 that runs CapsMan. I have about 15-20 devices connected to the cAP ac (mostly IoT stuf
When in CAPsMAN mode, do the other 15-20 devices connect fine to wireless??? all same SSID? no virtual ones? VLANs?

ESP_XXYYZZ are usually tuya powered devices, have seen them do weird stuff if for some reason there's no internet reachable from the AP they're connected, they will start connecting to all APs sequentially and start trying getting DHCP by their own... (.eg. local forwarding mode but no routes or IP on the cAP).

making an export (see sig) on both units will definitely aid in helping you.

Madcat71
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Do i have a CapsMan issue?  [SOLVED]

Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:20 pm

What kind of forwarding are you using?
I have a small wifi network with only two AP´s for now one cAP ac and the Chateau LTE12 that runs CapsMan. I have about 15-20 devices connected to the cAP ac (mostly IoT stuf
When in CAPsMAN mode, do the other 15-20 devices connect fine to wireless??? all same SSID? no virtual ones? VLANs?

ESP_XXYYZZ are usually tuya powered devices, have seen them do weird stuff if for some reason there's no internet reachable from the AP they're connected, they will start connecting to all APs sequentially and start trying getting DHCP by their own... (.eg. local forwarding mode but no routes or IP on the cAP).

making an export (see sig) on both units will definitely aid in helping you.
Hi, i solved it last night i got some help on reddit. Problem was that i had not enabled "Client To Client Forwarding" in Datapath in CapsMan.