Hello, I hope this is the correct section to post.
I have just installed RouterOS on a device and I have never used it before.
So I am not sure if I have configured it correctly.
I have the following scenario:
- I have a main router connected to devices and servers.
- On those servers I have exsi with multiple VMs.
- I have connected the VMs to a RouterOS device.
What I would like to achieve in the RouterOS Lan is:
- VMs cannot reach each others;
- VMs cannot reach devices outside of their Lan;
- VMs cannot access neither the main router panel (i.e. 192.168.1.1), neither RouterOS panel (192.168.2.1);
- I need to open port 25000 on device 192.168.2.50 to the whole internet.
RouterOS is connected to the main router with an IP such as 192.168.1.150, to the gateway 192.168.1.1 and provides a lan of 192.168.2.0/24.
I have attached the screenshots of my firewall setup.
Everything seems to be working, however I am not sure if it is safe enough from potential hackers.
Also now that I have tried RouterOS I would like to purchase a separate device allowing me to do the same thing, I was thinking of the Hex S since I have a Gbit connection, would it allow me to do all of the above?
I apologize since I do not have a deep knowledge in networking.
Thanks in advance for any help!