Community discussions

MikroTik App

Lesani
just joined
Topic Author

Share Bandwith between 2 with option for fullspeed plus dual internet

Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:02 pm

Hi!
I have a (for me) complex setup with a twist. I already have a CRS326-24s-2q+ for my home network needs, currently being supplied by my hardline internet of 80Mbit. All is well.

My neighbour upstairs works for a telecom provider and wants to supplement our networks with a ~400Mbit 5G line that we can share.
The challenge - and what I have not found out if it is possible yet - is that we would both like to use the full available speed when the other one is not using it, but guarantee speed up to a certain degree, e.g. half or 150Mbit or so, even if the other one is using it. So say One is downloading a large game on steam with the full-speed available from 5g and the other one starts gaming or watching netflix, the download should slow down.

On my side I will (most probably) keep also my hard line, because of latency and also to have a fixed IP for game servers and such, and so we do not collide with port forwarding. So on my existing CRS326 I'd like to use the hardline for low-latency tasks like gaming and supplement with the 5g connection when speed is needed

I've tried to draw a crude network map in the attachment.

Can this be achieved using Mikrotik devices?

Thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vinu

Re: Share Bandwith between 2 with option for fullspeed plus dual internet

Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:59 pm

Hi,
YES possible :)

Lesani
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Share Bandwith between 2 with option for fullspeed plus dual internet

Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:28 pm

Excellent thanks ;) I will ask the "how" this is possible when we order the hardware