Community discussions

MikroTik App

switz
just joined
Topic Author

LHG LTE kit-US Bricked?

Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:07 pm

Greetings. I am new to MikroTik and just received a LHG LTE kit-US. I got it working with a T-Mobile data SIM card and wanted to update to the latest firmware before deploying. After updating, the antenna turned back on with the notification lights, including the LTE light, showing good status. The problem is my data went away and I could no longer receive/trans any data. I was drawing an IP address from the internal router but no data. Prior to the upgrade, I could see data u/d via the GUI in both the network and LTE. Once updated, there was no data whatsoever in the LTE. So, I performed a factory reset to see if I could get it back. It never recovered from the factory reset. Now, the indicator lights are on (Pwr, eth, let) but I can no longer get an IP address from the antenna to my computer. Nothing I have tried seems to work.
I manually assigned my computer an IP in the same subnet as the antenna (192.168.88.x) and tried to log in that way with negative results. I also tried PUTTY to get in with no success.

Any thoughts on how to bring this back to life? And if I can, how does one roll back firmware?

Thanks in advance.

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: LHG LTE kit-US Bricked?

Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:27 pm

You updated the firmware of the LTE module or RouterOS version?

If you can not access to your device. Always first try netinstall.

Regards.