Community discussions

MikroTik App

BR549
just joined
Topic Author

OS upgrade question

Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:58 pm

We are running an earlier version of RouterBoard OS 6.x on a Mikrotik CCR1009-7G box and think it might be time to upgrade. We figured we could just install the latest version and be on our way.
Would it be that simple or am I confused?

Thanks
Bill

MrHae
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: OS upgrade question

Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:06 pm

We are running an earlier version of RouterBoard OS 6.x on a Mikrotik CCR1009-7G box and think it might be time to upgrade. We figured we could just install the latest version and be on our way.
Would it be that simple or am I confused?

Thanks
Bill
Just Backup your configuration and don't forget to upgrade your router board firmware /system/routerboard too

Update to the newest stable shouldn't be a problem

BR549
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:06 pm

Thank you. One last question though ......

I think my production configuration has older switch mode configurations - Will the upgrade process rewrite these configurations for me to work in the new OS???

MrHae
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:30 am

Thank you. One last question though ......

I think my production configuration has older switch mode configurations - Will the upgrade process rewrite these configurations for me to work in the new OS???
what do you mean with switch mode config?

If you want to go up till 7.1.1 there are many changes in routing but i think switching shouldnt be a problem

kiler129

Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:02 am

Do you mean the master-port one instead of a hw-offload bridge? Yes, it will be upgraded. If you have a config in /switch it will transfer 1:1 and in case you want to move to hw-offload bridge with L3 (if your hardware supports it) then you have to do it manually.

BR549
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:13 pm

Hey Guys,
When I say switch mode config, I meant to say our CCR1009 routers support layer 3 routing and layer 2 Vlans with multiple Bridge and ports configured. The bridges, Vlans and ports are configured under the Bridge menu tab.

Thanks for your assistance
Bill