Community discussions

MikroTik App

iivanov
just joined
Topic Author

LHG version buying dilema

Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:55 pm

For a few years now I have the LtAP Mini LTE with an external antenna (mAnt Lte 50) installed on my remote location and it is working fine.
The location is in the hill area and the tower is about 1.5 km from it.
The speed is around 8Mbps download/upload, but it would occasionally drop down to 1-2Mbps.
I am considering now to replace the LtAP with a LHG router in order to get a better connection, as it is a more directional antenna.

But I am a little confused with all of the models as which one would be best to use.
I would like to use the device as a CPE, the WIFI AP part doesn't matter and as I already have 4 Unifi AP's.
I did some research and it seems to me that the LTE6 version would be the best, but it will not be available in my country before late autumn.

My question is, can I buy an LHG R and use my R11e-LTE currently installed in LtAP Mini for now, and when the LTE6 modem will be available in my country to replace it with R11e-LTE6?
Another option I am looking at is whether to by an LHG LTE or LHG 4G, but I am not sure what the difference is, and it seems to me that they have CAT4 modems.

Any advice would be helpful.

Igor

hecatae
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: LHG version buying dilema

Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:22 pm

I would pick up the LHG R and use the R11e-LTE from your LTAP Mini.

iivanov
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:49 pm

I would pick up the LHG R and use the R11e-LTE from your LTAP Mini.
Thanks for the advice, I was thinking the same!

iivanov
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:00 pm

One more question, if I may...
Currently I can't find a LHG-R in stores here, so my question is:

Do all of the LHG models accept an LTE modem. I couldn't find any info about that in the specifications

Thanks,
Igor

Navegador

Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:43 am

One more question, if I may...
Currently I can't find a LHG-R in stores here, so my question is:

Do all of the LHG models accept an LTE modem. I couldn't find any info about that in the specifications

Thanks,
Igor
No, most LHG products are point to point wireless links. Only the LHG R and the LHG 4G/LTE/LTE6 kits accept modems. Depending on where you are in the world, your best bet is probably LHG R or 4G + a Quectel modem from AliExpress. Quectel EP06 works fine, is cat 6 and doesn't require an adapter.

hecatae
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:34 pm

Are SXT R available?