Good day, I have fired up VM16 and EVE-NG with very few issues following youtube tutorials.
I have imported the Mikrotik Raw Image and can use that for as many routers and of course as switches as I need.
However I need help progressing some basic functionality.
- system is running on a laptop connected, via ethernet cable, to a subnet provided by my rb450Gx4 router which is behind the main router (ccr1009).
1. How to to connect my R1 on the http:// gui emulation of the topology as if it were connecting to the internet ( or in clearer terms, connected to the RB450G as if the RB450G was the ISP providing a private IP).?
2. I am still not sure what the significance or where I got the IP address for the VM instance the typical 192.168.111.xxx address. What is it used for, other than for me to access the eve-ng??
3. Explain the use of cloud on the topology?
4. How to access Winbox (gui) not console on any of the MT devices I put on the topology?
5. The VCS workstation one can add from defaults, what can I use those for??
If one is aware of a particularly useful video on the above, let me know!
I am open to skype sessions if someone has some time to run through some things that are better explained over chat/video etc.....
Edit: Found these two very helpful to start to answer the above.