Community discussions

MikroTik App

pitvos
just joined
Topic Author

S-85DLC05D packet loss and blinking info in winbox

Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:36 am

Hi

At a site that has been running for +1 year without any issues suddlny we got problemes with VoIP, and after checking everything we discovered a packet loss between a RB2011 and a CRS328-24P-4S+RM that's connected over fiber with S-85DLC05D modules ( around 100-110 meters of OM3-150 cable ).

First we thgotuh it would be perhaps dirty fiber connectors or a faulty SFP module. We changed the SFP modules, changed to another pair of fiber, changed the patch fiber, etc without any success, it keeps loosing packets. The only issue we see is that in winbox at the SFP interface we get a weird effect on one side (The RB2011 side):

First instance displays everything:
sfp with data.png
A few seconds later the fields Connector Type, OM1 Length, OM2 lenght, OM3 is always empty, and all wavelength, power, db etc info.
sfp empty.png
in a fraction of a second it goes back. This is the only anomaly I've found. The link never drops, only this issue and packet drop between the units. I exchangd the SFP for new ones, I changed and instead of RB2011 i connected it to a dlink switch, and the other side the same, and always get this packet loss.

Any tips are really welcome as I cant figure out what more to look for.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.