Community discussions

MikroTik App

112fan
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik CRS317-1G-16S+RM weird VLAN issue

Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:44 pm

Since a few weeks I manage two Mikrotik CRS317-1G-16S+RM switches. With both I've a weird VLAN issue.

On both switches I've created the needed VLANs and ticked the boxes for the ports on which they need to be active. The thing is that the device(s) of only a few VLANs can communicate to other devices on connected switches on the same VLAN. In the MAC table of the Mikrotik I can see the MAC addresses of the devices on the VLANs so the Mikrotik switch sees the devices. I can't ping any device including the gateway from a device on the VLANs that don't work.

When I restart the switch sometimes a VLAN works and when I restart it again it sometimes doesn't work anymore.

For both switches is the same thing happening and they're both on a different network and location.

Also another problem on both switches is that sometimes after a restart they don't see the SFP+/SFP modules and if I try to restart it right away they still don't see them. I need to pull the plug for like 1-2 min and plug it back in and than they see the SFP+/SFP modules most of the time.

I've included the topology of one of the switches as a appendix. The Ubiquiti switch is working like a charm, both Netgear and Unifi switches connected to it and not a single problem with VLAN traffic.

As OS I'm using SwOS 2.7 on both switches. I've also included a few screenshots of the settings on one of the switches. Most settings are default and generally the same on both switches.

Has someone an idea what could be going wrong?

PS: English isn't my native language so if anything is unclear, feel free to ask for clarification :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CyberDaeng

Re: Mikrotik CRS317-1G-16S+RM weird VLAN issue

Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:35 pm

I have exactly the same issue…

pcunite
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Mikrotik CRS317-1G-16S+RM weird VLAN issue

Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:58 pm

Can you try using RouterOS 6.48.6 Long-term?