Community discussions

MikroTik App

wireless12
Topic Author

CCR 2116-12g-4s+ powerhouse

Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:52 pm

Does anyone have real world performance tested for new ccr 2116-12g-4s +.
Does CCR is really double powerful by any model of CCR of CCR1036 ? As claimed by mikrotik.
As far it's look to me that if CCR 2116-12g-4s + is really double powerful then CCR 1036 then it is nearly equal to CCR 1072.
Kindly share your views.

Thanks

luisrs01
just joined

Re: CCR 2116-12g-4s+ powerhouse

Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:07 pm

A few days ago I acquired it and it has problems with overheating, the fans do not activate correctly until it is about to reach 70 ° causing restarts and cannot be modified

RohanAJoshi
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:33 pm

Also, with older sibling, ccr2004 there were lot lot random reboot issues, still no fix for that.
Don't know ccr2116 same share issue or not but there is doubt in ccr2xxx series or in arm64 series

hapoo

Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:33 pm

I have a CCR2004 with 200+ days of uptime running on 6.48.3. Either I lucked out on the hardware or my configuration doesn't trigger reboots.

AidanAus
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:06 am

Sorry to highjack the thread :) but:
A few days ago I acquired it and it has problems with overheating, the fans do not activate correctly until it is about to reach 70 ° causing restarts and cannot be modified

Do you know if the fans are working at all? Like all of the active cooling devices they should at least run for a bit on start up, do you want to double check that this behaviour is present?
I have not had a chance to open one of these yet but I would assume that they are like the other CCR's and have multiple fan headers, are you able to check that you have the right fans selected in the system>health menu or even open up the device and make sure the connectors have been plugged in the right way to the fans's headers?

If this hardware troubleshooting does not work I would generate a supout of the device during and right after the overheat event and sent it off to your supplier to see if they can bring this one up with Mikrotik or potentially RMA the device?

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:13 am

70 degrees CPU temperature is not always very high for MikroTik devices. It really depends on the model. We have some of their switches that always seem to run at 80 degrees (Celsius) or so and don't have a problem. Our TILE based ones run cooler at between 40-60 degrees. It makes it hard to create temperature monitoring templates in our NMS when the "normal" range for MikroTik devices can vary so much depending on the model.

Are you sure it is overheating causing the restarts and not some other issue? It could be overheating of course, I just have no personal experience with the behaviour of the ARM64 devices when it comes to normal CPU temperature.

AidanAus
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:22 am

Sorry to highjack the thread :) but:

Do you know if the fans are working at all? Like all of the active cooling devices they should at least run for a bit on start up, do you want to double check that this behaviour is present?
I have not had a chance to open one of these yet but I would assume that they are like the other CCR's and have multiple fan headers, are you able to check that you have the right fans selected in the system>health menu or even open up the device and make sure the connectors have been plugged in the right way to the fans's headers?

If this hardware troubleshooting does not work I would generate a supout of the device during and right after the overheat event and sent it off to your supplier to see if they can bring this one up with Mikrotik or potentially RMA the device?
70 degrees CPU temperature is not always very high for MikroTik devices. It really depends on the model. We have some of their switches that always seem to run at 80 degrees (Celsius) or so and don't have a problem. Our TILE based ones run cooler at between 40-60 degrees. It makes it hard to create temperature monitoring templates in our NMS when the "normal" range for MikroTik devices can vary so much depending on the model.

Are you sure it is overheating causing the restarts and not some other issue? It could be overheating of course, I just have no personal experience with the behaviour of the ARM64 devices when it comes to normal CPU temperature.

Just saw they have a thread open for this, lets migrate over rather than hijacking this one :)
viewtopic.php?t=182984