Community discussions

MikroTik App

Ishi
just joined
Topic Author

hAP ac2 can't connect to 802.11ac, and the connection isn't stable

Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:07 pm

My Lenovo Yoga 900s laptop with an Intel AX200 can't connect to 802.11ac, when other devices (tested with my phone when the network was in AC only) can.
The laptop can connect to a different network, and gets AC without any problems.

I'm looking for help on how to improve the connection between my laptop and the hAP ac2 (including working out the failing AC connection).

I have attached the config and a screenshot of how 5ghz networks looks in my area.

In more detail:
When the 5Ghz network is set to "AC only", the laptop cannot connect, my phone can.
When its set to "N/AC", both can connect, but for the laptop it connects to N.
The laptop can connect to AC just fine in another network.
I have tried reinstalling the wireless card drivers (I replaced an old, bad wireless card with an AX200 few weeks ago)

My goal is to stream from main PC (wired connection to hAP ac2) to the laptop (connected wirelessly) via Parsec.app, without any connection hiccups and packet loss.

Thanks in advance for any help with either the ac connection, or getting the connection more stable some other way!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rugx
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: hAP ac2 can't connect to 802.11ac, and the connection isn't stable

Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:10 pm

This looks like an issue on the AX200 end. Check if you have the latest drivers for it as people in different forums have complained about the same issue with AX200