Community discussions

MikroTik App

pfalconi
just joined
Topic Author

EoIP tunnel in CHR or x86 VM don´t permit bridge

Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:42 am

Hello,

I need extend my LAN from my office DC (RB2011-iUAS-RM - L4 License << MKT1 >>) to a vDC in a cloud provider in my country, I have a vDC (CHR P1 License <<MKT2>>) with internet connection and vApp network with 3 VMs 2 Windows and 1 Linux.

I create a EoIP and bridge interfaces in MKT1 and including LAN interface and EoIP tunnel, my Office LAN devices don't lose connection, in MKT2 create EoIP and bridge interfaces, the EoIP attached to the bridge and when I include the LAN port to the bridge, vDC LAN lose connection to router and don't send packets to another side of EoIP Tunnel.

This configuration on physic RB Mikrotik is OK but when move to CHR or VM with X86 RouterOS installation not.

acocchiararo
just joined

Re: EoIP tunnel in CHR or x86 VM don´t permit bridge

Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:46 pm

Hi

I have the same problem on Hyper-v and i solved the issue enabling the Mac-Address spoofing on the CHR NIC.

The miktoik support tell me that "though EoIP itself together with bridge change MAC-address."

Also check this in the CHR manual (http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:CHR) in the last paragraph

Packets not passing from guests
The problem: after configuring a software interface (VLAN, EoIP, bridge, etc.) on the guest CHR it stops passing data to the outside world beyond the router.

The solution: check your VMS (Virtualization Management System) security settings, if other MAC addresses allowed to pass if packets with VLAN tags allowed to pass through. Adjust the security settings according to your needs like allowing MAC spoofing or certain MAC address range. For VLAN interfaces, it is usually possible to define allowed VLAN tags or VLAN tag range.

koallini
just joined

Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:10 pm

Hi

I have the same problem on Hyper-v and i solved the issue enabling the Mac-Address spoofing on the CHR NIC.

The miktoik support tell me that "though EoIP itself together with bridge change MAC-address."

Also check this in the CHR manual (http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:CHR) in the last paragraph

Packets not passing from guests
The problem: after configuring a software interface (VLAN, EoIP, bridge, etc.) on the guest CHR it stops passing data to the outside world beyond the router.

The solution: check your VMS (Virtualization Management System) security settings, if other MAC addresses allowed to pass if packets with VLAN tags allowed to pass through. Adjust the security settings according to your needs like allowing MAC spoofing or certain MAC address range. For VLAN interfaces, it is usually possible to define allowed VLAN tags or VLAN tag range.
Do you know if this solution is applicable to AWS cloud? I have exacly the same issue running EoIP+Bridge to AWS....

Thanks

spannerman79
just joined

Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:35 am

I have this problem: after the EOIP is connected, the client can obtain the IP address of the VLAN that the headquarters needs to be connected, but it cannot communicate for some reason.
Were you able to figure it out? I am having a similar issue.

trcosta
just joined

Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:49 am

I think these problems are indeed related to mac address spoofing.
I am using CHR and EoIP with Hyper-V for a long time and everything is working until now.