Community discussions

MikroTik App

pandar1
just joined
Topic Author

Access DLNA server across mikrotik router

Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:18 pm

Hi,

I have the following config at home: my isp router (iliad) which is also a dlna server. This is located in the entrance of my house. The wifi is usually disabled on that one. I have a mikrotik router in the living room connected via cable to the iliad router. It acts as a wifi access point and also the pc is connected via cable to the mikrotik.

Iliad network is 192.168.1.*
Mikrotik network is 192.168.100.*
Iliad router is at 192.168.1.254
Mikrotik gets it's address via DHCP from the iliad router, now is 192.168.1.73

I have my tv connected to the 5 Ghz wifi of the mikrotik. I'm able to connect to the dlna server of the pc, but it doesn't see the dlna server of the iliad router. (I connected the tv to the iliad wifi and then it works)

I would like to have my tv remain connected to the mikrotik wifi. Tried with nat, upnp, igmp proxy, no cigar.
Anyone who can suggest how to make the dlna server of the iliad box visibile to the P5 network (the id of the 5 ghz mikrotik wifi)?

Thanks,

Hominidae

Re: Access DLNA server across mikrotik router

Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:49 pm

...your ISP Router is already acting as a router, as it seems.
In order for DLNA to be available, all devices accessing it need to be in the same IP segment as the DLNA server..
You curently have your MT in a second segment and acting as a router.
So turn your mikrotik from router to Bridge/AP mode...it will aquire an IP from your ISP router in the 192.168.1.0/24 net...also all WiFi clients will.

pandar1
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:59 pm

Hi, tnx for the answer. I really don't want to change all my network config. For the moment I installed kodi on my fire stick and access the server in smb. I still think there must be a way to forward the dlna packets through the various subnets.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:14 pm