Community discussions

MikroTik App

iman
just joined
Topic Author

Control total bandwidth limit with User Profile in hotspot with freeradius

Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:01 am

hi.
i'm using ldap+freeradius and mikrotik as my AAA system.
hotspot user is authenticated via ldap server. my users are separated by groups in ldap and i control quota per group and ... in freeradius user file like this:
DEFAULT  Ldap-Group == "stu",  Simultaneous-Use := 2, FUM-Total-Bytes := '9126805504', FUM-Reset-Type := 'daily', Mikrotik-Group:='student', Auth-Type := Accept
as i search about "Mikrotik-Group" attribute in https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:RADIUS_Client it says it's:
HotSpot default profile for HotSpot users
. so it means i can choose which "User Profile" my user should belong to. ( I picked it right? )
i use "Mikrotik-Group" field in freeradius to send name of "User Profile", and log shows this value is send by freeradius:
(8) reset_time: $RAD_CHECK{'Mikrotik-Group'} = &control:Mikrotik-Group -> 'student'
(8) reset_time: $RAD_CONFIG{'Mikrotik-Group'} = &control:Mikrotik-Group -> 'student'
(8) reset_time: &control:Mikrotik-Group = $RAD_CHECK{'Mikrotik-Group'} -> 'student'
unfortunately mikrotik log (/system logging add topics=radius,debug action=memory) does not show any output about received value and my user does not added in student "User Profile" (all users added to the default user profile), so i can not apply rate limit for specific users.
BTW: neither Mikrotik-Rate-Limit attribute works correctly :( .
i'm using mikrotik version 5.26 and freeradius 3.0.16

best regards.

iman
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Control total bandwidth limit with User Profile in hotspot with freeradius

Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:53 pm

hi.
i updated mikrotik to version 6.40. but the result was no success. :(

projectfive
just joined

Re: Control total bandwidth limit with User Profile in hotspot with freeradius

Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:27 am

Hi @iman did you get this solution to work in the end?

Let me know I would like to have a look at the setup...thanks.