Community discussions

MikroTik App

Tsokotsa
just joined
Topic Author

Random String

Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:32 pm

Hi All
I recently started to code some scripts on MK, and i really wanted to have a script that could generate a random string and that string i would then use to weekly change my wi-fi password. After bit investigation, i did not find anything that could immediately sort my issue so i decided to code my own script and i believe it might be useful for the others if it doesnt exist yet.
The below script was tested and work on 6.32 and 6.32.3 versions. Give it a try and please give suggestions.

Copy and paste from here:

# This Script Was Created BY TSOKOTSA 2015 and it was made to Generate a Random String With 8 Digits for The GUEST WI-FI Internet

# Here i get the hour, minutes and seconds

:local time [:pick [/system clock get time] 0 2];
:local min [:pick [/system clock get time] 3 5];
:local sec [:pick [/system clock get time] 6 8];

# for each value that i pick, i also get the inverse combination of the value. lets say that the seconds are 29 by the time # the script executes, i also get the 92 which is the inverse of the 29. i do that for all values time, minutes and sec.

:local char;
:set char ( $char . [ :pick $time 1 ] . [ :pick $time 0 ]);

:local char1;
:set char1 ( $char1 . [ :pick $min 1 ] . [ :pick $min 0 ]);

:local char2;
:set char2 ( $char2 . [ :pick $sec 1 ] . [ :pick $sec 0 ]);

# Here i have an array. This array must be long enough to accommodate the sum of the highest possible values of the # combination.
# e.g the highest possible of normal time / hour / sec is 23:59:59. so the inverse of that would be 32:95:95
# so the sum of that inverse should not be longer than the array. so have that in mind.

# On my array i did generate a random string online you can use mine or generate your own with your possible values.

:local arrayalpha ("2","C","h","Y","!","f","j","c","}","q","k",":","(","}","3","Y","T","|","C","v","}","n","8","I","r","4","p","V","6",":","S","V","=","p","Z","T","6",")","l",":","K","b","=","Y","7","X","c","P","@","g","m","U","T","_","g","v","N","j","E","g","f","D","h","!","W","p","U","z","T","S","}","h","M","Y","i","E","c","4","!","Q","(","<","Y","h","@","e","q","7","]","l","R","-","h","S","w","(",">","/","r","=","<","I","&","5","@","!","|","h","p","l","1","Y","U","2","J","R","T","Y","}","=","b","c","$","9","d","e","@","S","6","W","B","Q","$","S","b","p","}","3","m","X","g","8","y","j","h","S","Z","F","@","!","t","}","!","U","j","/","W","5","}","a","g","!","S","S","T","{","7","f","G","W","T","_","/","k","3","+","T","X","p","m","!","e","i","L","]","3","d","G","T","+","@","H","!","Q","k","X","@","P","Q","+","k","f","K","T","S","{","Q","W","S","<","S","z","z","k","V","@","X","{","4","g","t","X","1","h","5","k","T","_","f","i","{","]","(","Y","/","1","j","h","l","]","S","3","b","Y",":","i","T","j","h","T","7","w","g","D","X","g","T","T","i","|","S","R","!","}","D","d","c","h","d","T","l","N",")","V","u","Z","T","}",":","{","S","m","Z","d","}","Z","Z","S","Y","|","_","d","k","v","h","(","7","/","-");

# How do i ensure a complex string? Because it is impossible to determinate the seconds at the time the script is
# executed and in addition to that it is almos impossible to determinate the inverse number of the seconds and most # impossible to determinate the sum of the inverses.

:local new;
:set new ( $new . [ :pick $arrayalpha ($time+$min+$sec) ] . [ :pick $arrayalpha ($time+$sec) ] . [ :pick $arrayalpha ($min+$sec) ] . [ :pick $arrayalpha $sec ] . [ :pick $arrayalpha $char ] . [ :pick $arrayalpha $char1 ] . [ :pick $arrayalpha $char2 ] . [ :pick $arrayalpha ($char+$char1+$char2) ]);

# This line doesnt actulay make any difference to the code, it only determinate the array lengh and can be commented. it is only used for debugging purposes.
:local arrlengh [:len $arrayalpha];

:log warning "Our Array Lengh is $arrlengh Your New String is $new";

If you face any error executing the script, might be because of the comments so check comments to clear error.

Tsokotsa
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Random String

Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:34 pm

Just forgot to mention on my script that you can do whatever you want with the string generated although i did not show that on my script. I actually send the generated string via email to my guests and i also use the same string to automaticaly update the wi-fi password.

deanMKD1

Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:46 am

Hi thanks for your code. :D

I inspected a little bit your code, and add mine code so i upgraded your script with more features, like e-mail new password. Sound good right?

This is entire full script for generating new password, update specified security profile and e-mail the new password to specified email.
#################################################
###WiFi Password Generator Script mod by DrMTR ###
###  www.mikrotikmacedonia.net                 ###
#################################################

:local wifiprofile wifi_security_profile
:local toEmail yourmail@domain.com

:local time [:pick [/system clock get time] 0 2];
:local min [:pick [/system clock get time] 3 5];
:local sec [:pick [/system clock get time] 6 8];
:local char;
:set char ( $char . [ :pick $time 1 ] . [ :pick $time 0 ]);
:local char1;
:set char1 ( $char1 . [ :pick $min 1 ] . [ :pick $min 0 ]);
:local char2;
:set char2 ( $char2 . [ :pick $sec 1 ] . [ :pick $sec 0 ]);
:local arrayalpha ("2","C","h","Y","!","f","j","c","}","q","k",":","(","}","3","Y","T","|","C","v","}","n","8","I","r","4","p","V","6",":","S","V","=","p","Z","T","6",")","l",":","K","b","=","Y","7","X","c","P","@","g","m","U","T","_","g","v","N","j","E","g","f","D","h","!","W","p","U","z","T","S","}","h","M","Y","i","E","c","4","!","Q","(","<","Y","h","@","e","q","7","]","l","R","-","h","S","w","(",">","/","r","=","<","I","&","5","@","!","|","h","p","l","1","Y","U","2","J","R","T","Y","}","=","b","c","$","9","d","e","@","S","6","W","B","Q","$","S","b","p","}","3","m","X","g","8","y","j","h","S","Z","F","@","!","t","}","!","U","j","/","W","5","}","a","g","!","S","S","T","{","7","f","G","W","T","_","/","k","3","+","T","X","p","m","!","e","i","L","]","3","d","G","T","+","@","H","!","Q","k","X","@","P","Q","+","k","f","K","T","S","{","Q","W","S","<","S","z","z","k","V","@","X","{","4","g","t","X","1","h","5","k","T","_","f","i","{","]","(","Y","/","1","j","h","l","]","S","3","b","Y",":","i","T","j","h","T","7","w","g","D","X","g","T","T","i","|","S","R","!","}","D","d","c","h","d","T","l","N",")","V","u","Z","T","}",":","{","S","m","Z","d","}","Z","Z","S","Y","|","_","d","k","v","h","(","7","/","-");
:local new;
:set new ( $new . [ :pick $arrayalpha ($time+$min+$sec) ] . [ :pick $arrayalpha ($time+$sec) ] . [ :pick $arrayalpha ($min+$sec) ] . [ :pick $arrayalpha $sec ] . [ :pick $arrayalpha $char ] . [ :pick $arrayalpha $char1 ] . [ :pick $arrayalpha $char2 ] . [ :pick $arrayalpha ($char+$char1+$char2) ]);
:local arrlengh [:len $arrayalpha];
:log warning "Our Array Lengh is $arrlengh Your New String is $new";
:interface wireless security-profiles set $wifiprofile wpa-pre-shared-key="$new";
:interface wireless security-profiles set $wifiprofile wpa2-pre-shared-key="$new";
:tool e-mail send to=$toEmail subject="$[/system identity get name] WiFi Password" body="This Week's Wireless Password Is: $new";
:log info message="New WiFi Password Has Been Emailed"
And add one Scheduler to execute weekly.
/system scheduler
add comment="E-Mail New Wireless Password" disabled=no interval=1w name=MailPassword on-event=name_of_script policy=\
ftp,reboot,read,write,policy,test,winbox,password,sniff,sensitive start-date=nov/06/2015 start-time=00:00:00
Screens from executing script:

and new password sent to my Gmail account:

If you like my job, can you give me Rep+. Thanks !!

NOTE : Tested With RoS 6.20.

Tsokotsa
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:35 am

Hi deanMKD1

Thank you for adding that to the script however you will notice on my second post i do mention that send the generated string via email already and automatically update the wi-fi passwd i just did not include that on my script. Indeed i also send a copy via SMS message since my MK is integrated with a GSM modem.
I already have it scheduled to run weekly but i did not post on my script because what i wanted to bring is the string password generate that seems to be something new.

Jotne
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:18 pm

This was an old thread to comment.
To get a random password:
viewtopic.php?t=164114