Community discussions

MikroTik App

pjbcoetzer
just joined
Topic Author

KNOT - miniPCIe R11e-LoRa8

Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:28 pm

Hi Guys,

I wanted to find out if it is possible to add a R11e-LoRa8 card to the MikroTik Knot. I just received my brand new Knot and R11e-LoRa8 add-on card, but my device does not have a mPCIe slot, which is quite disappointing as a "IoT gateway". I would have loved to add the LoRa expansion to make it full house.

In the image below, it does show mPCIe, but unfortunately it is not in the devices. Any suggestions??

almeiras

Re: KNOT - miniPCIe R11e-LoRa8

Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:38 pm

Same problem with RB4011: I bought ethernet version, then I would like to upgrade but… missing socket. In my case I soldered a mPCIe socket but it doesn’t work since there is still some missing circuitry (probably just some filtering).

Boa82
just joined

Re: KNOT - miniPCIe R11e-LoRa8

Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:42 am

I soldered mPCIe connector, but R11e-LoRa8 requires USB lines. Traces for USB lines seems to be hanging in the air. Having board with lte/gnss SMAs UP, just below the quecktel modem there are 2 6pin ICs. Between them there are 2 resistors (really small ones) with pads that allow to solder them horizontally or vertically - like [.:]. That connects USB to quecktel modem OR mPCIe connector. So.. easy way is to change resistors position. I checked that and LoRa card works fine, but LTE/GNSS functionality is lost.

I wonder if anyone have knot version with LoRa and is able to provide a detailed photo of both sides of PCB with card removed from slot. That would help a lot. I suspect there is a difference in CPU, or... some kind of USB hub is added somewhere to have LoRa and LTE working at the same time.

Also... to those 2 ICs external USB is connected - they are some kind of switch, so when You connect something to USB BG77 modem is disconnected from CPU USB lines.
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipO ... hZY2RBR2pR
Last edited by Boa82 on Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:59 am, edited 4 times in total.