Community discussions

MikroTik App

rgroothuis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Dude and CapsMan monitoring

Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:27 pm

I've the TheDude running and I'm getting Telegram notifications when a device goes down, this works perfectly.
Next is that I want to monitor if the Mikrotik AccessPoint (AP's) are connected to the CapsManager. At a number of occasions the AP is not connected anymore to the CapsMan but the AP is still online, connected to the network.
How can I monitor that the Caps client/AP is still connected to the CapsManager? Any suggestions?

rgroothuis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Dude and CapsMan monitoring

Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:40 pm

Made some progress myself, I need to make use of the ros_command.

With the next command I can collect the amount of registered CapsClients:

ros_command("/caps-man remote-cap print count-only")

Next is to add a Probe using this function and that is something I'm not able to do yet. I don't understand the "Available" and "Error" fields. Any suggestions on how to check number of CapsClients?
Screenshot 2022-02-21 at 19.40.13.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rgroothuis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Dude and CapsMan monitoring

Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:03 am

Found the solution :-) Sharing it in this post so that I could help anybody else searching for a similar solution.

I created two functions to retrieve the number of Caps Clients and the number of Caps Radios from the Dude server.
Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 09.00.26.png
Then I created the two Probe items.
Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 09.00.26.png
And then I added the two Probe items to the device.
Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 09.00.43.png
This now monitors the number of caps clients and radios, when dropped below the value I specified I get a notification and can check what the issue is. Great extension of the Dude monitoring.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.