Community discussions

MikroTik App

pidpawel2
just joined
Topic Author

CCR2004-1G-2XS-PCIe

Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:53 am

Hi!
I've read the news about CCR2004-1G-2XS-PCIe and the hardware definitely seems interesting but the available description kinda left me confused with the internal/logical layout of the board.

The part where there are two external 25Gbps + one 1Gbps interfaces is clear. Part where the host machine gets four virtual interfaces is clear. The virtual interface link speeds is unclear. Mapping between virtual interfaces on host and RouterOS side is unclear. The exact features of this new passthrough mode are unclear.

Let me describe what is my current understanding and correct me if I'm wrong.

Assuming no configuration (*not* the default configuration presented in the marketing materials), the host system will be presented with four 25Gbs NICs, that will also be available as respective interfaces in RouterOS on the card. The external 25Gbps and 1Gbps interfaces will also be available to RouterOS, thus RouterOS will have >150Gbps available in total.

There will be some special passthrough mode that will essentially bridge first two (or one, I guess) virtual interfaces with physical 25Gbps ones. The unclear part here is whether the packets for those interfaces will be passing through the RouterOS's routing engine (so essentially what I described in the previous paragraph but the link status will be synchronized) or whether they'll behave like a totally separate NICs and there won't be any access to those packets from RouterOS in this mode.

I hope I expressed my doubts clearly. Have a wonderful day
Paweł