MikroTik App

Guscht
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

CAPsMAN / Local Forwarding + VLAN-Filtering + dynamically created VLANs

Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:47 am

Hi,

I set up an CAPsMAN (CAPac) with Local Forwarding and VLAN-Filtering.
For my VLANs, dynamically entries are created, which map to the corresponding virtual-wlan-interfaces (SSIDs):
Screenshot 2022-02-26 014144.jpg

But the wired ether-interface (vlan-trunk) will not get inserted as tagged which prevents the SSIDs from working. I have to create the VLAN entries manually and add the ether1 interface by hand.
In my home-setup this is possible. At work, Id have to repeat this step for around 200 Access Points and 60 VLANs - which means Id have to add 12000(!!) entries by hand.

What do I miss, that the ether1 gets dynamically inserted too?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Re: CAPsMAN / Local Forwarding + VLAN-Filtering + dynamically created VLANs

Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:53 am

Why do you need bridge vlan filtering on the cAP ac in the first place? In most situations for APs there is no benefit, and instead it is just a make-work thing, by forcing you to configure many VLANs by hand.

kreload
just joined

Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:31 am

Do you have a different approach? How can you make 2-3 vlans (office, guest, iot, etc) on cap ac without bridge vlan filtering ?
Why do you need bridge vlan filtering on the cAP ac in the first place? In most situations for APs there is no benefit, and instead it is just a make-work thing, by forcing you to configure many VLANs by hand.

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:44 am

Do you have a different approach? How can you make 2-3 vlans (office, guest, iot, etc) on cap ac without bridge vlan filtering ?
Just don't enable bridge vlan filtering. The only reason to enable it on a cap is if you need to also use the cap as a switch and set ethernet ports for certain tagging configurations. MikroTik has always allowed specific vlan tagging for wireless interfaces without bridge vlan filtering. It is only wired interfaces that you needed to use bridge vlan filtering to get specific tag configs for.