Community discussions

MikroTik App

Gidro76
just joined
Topic Author

Hotspot

Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:48 am

Hello. I configured Hotspot on the vlan interface (it comes from an external dhcp server), the settings are as follows:
/ip hotspot profile
add hotspot-address=10.44.8.1 html-directory=flash/hotspot login-by=http-pap name=Test radius-accounting=no use-radius=yes
/ip hotspot
add addresses-per-mac=unlimited disabled=no interface=vlan16 keepalive-timeout=8h name=Test profile=Test
/ip hotspot user profile
set [ find default=yes ] add-mac-cookie=no keepalive-timeout=10h session-timeout=10h transparent-proxy=yes
/ip hotspot service-port
set ftp disabled=yes
/ip hotspot user
add name=admin password=**************
/ip hotspot walled-garden
add comment="place hotspot rules here" disabled=yes
add dst-host=10.44.8.1/32
add dst-host=11.98.14.25/32 (dns)
add dst-host=11.98.14.26/32 (dns)
/ip hotspot walled-garden ip
add action=accept disabled=no dst-address=11.98.14.25 !dst-address-list !dst-port !protocol !src-address !src-address-list
add action=accept disabled=no dst-address=11.98.14.26 !dst-address-list !dst-port !protocol !src-address !src-address-list
add action=accept disabled=no dst-address=10.44.8.1 !dst-address-list !dst-port !protocol !src-address !src-address-list
/ip address
add address=10.44.8.1/24 interface=vlan16 network=10.44.8.0
/interface vlan
add interface=bridgeLAN name=vlan16 vlan-id=16
/interface bridge port
add bridge=bridgeLAN interface=ether1
/caps-man datapath
add bridge=bridgeLAN local-forwarding=no name=datapath-test vlan-id=16 vlan-mode=use-tag

However, I ran into problems:
1. not all clients are always called to go to the authorization page
2. not everyone can go directly to the authorization page by opening a browser. A "connection_error" or "connection_refused" error is thrown
I have the following suggestions for solving this problem:
1. make a domain name to an authentication address
2. upload a certificate for authorization via https
But I want to clarify, can anyone come across this problem and can suggest a solution to the problems? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong direction

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Hotspot

Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:03 pm

What device are you using (less important), which version of ROS are you using ?
Some bugs related to hotspot showing the behavior you describe have been solved recently, so it could be you should use another version to get it working.

Gidro76
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:50 pm

What device are you using (less important), which version of ROS are you using ?
Some bugs related to hotspot showing the behavior you describe have been solved recently, so it could be you should use another version to get it working.
AP- mikrotik cap ac

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:59 pm

Not sure if you're willing to upgrade but changelog shows fixes in 7.1.2 (latest 7.1.3) and 7.2rc2 (latest 7.2rc4).
7.1 is labeled "stable' but it is equally experimental as the testing branch 7.2rc<xyz> in my view.

For most basic stuff (like access point) both are stable enough.

Gidro76
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:11 pm

Not sure if you're willing to upgrade but changelog shows fixes in 7.1.2 (latest 7.1.3) and 7.2rc2 (latest 7.2rc4).
7.1 is labeled "stable' but it is equally experimental as the testing branch 7.2rc<xyz> in my view.

For most basic stuff (like access point) both are stable enough.
I'm not sure if this will solve my problem
I'm more interested in the correctness of the configuration in general for using hotspot on the vlan interface