Community discussions

MikroTik App

iam8up
Topic Author

Defective WAP R

Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:13 pm

I bought two WAP R units. The first one powers on but I can't access it, see it in neighbors, or even Net Install.

The second unit has a similar problem, but I can Net Install. I did this and after booting I see no LTE device. I did a system reset no-defaults=no and now its back to not being able to see it in neighbors. I suspect the lack of an LTE interface and the defaults expecting it is causing it not to boot. Does anyone have any suggestions? Mikrotik support is taking several days to respond to each ticket.

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Defective WAP R

Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:50 pm

WAP R as you can see here https://mikrotik.com/product/RBwAPR-2nD does not include a modem... It has a mini PCI e slot so that you can use a modem of your choice...
So that is why you could not see an LTE interface...

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:27 am

wAP R give you access to it via mac-address, re-write it from label if it's not detected.
Sometimes a AV can block a detection but still you should connect to it.
You can do a normal restore by pressing button and connect via IP (browser or WinBox).

I do that remotely and even a remote netinstall too with a end-user who is not technical. Then try rewrite a mac from label/sticker.

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:35 am

Netinstall is for specific situations and problems...
Just because you did not see it in your neighbors does not suggest a Netinstall...
Disable all your network cards except the ethernet that the WAP is connected to, disable your Antivirus and test again, this will help to identify the problem...

killersoft
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:50 am

Log into it 1st up via WIFI ( The default state from opening the box is the unit has WiFi AP enabled )
Then remove the default config, via MAC/WINBOX.