Community discussions

MikroTik App

simlux
just joined
Topic Author

MAJOR webfig issues, on ALL versions 7.x

Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:03 am

Hi guys,

I report a major webfig issues on ALL and ANY version 7.x. The IP/Routes menu is unusable, a total mess. First of all, the display problem: the routing tables are not shown anymore in the list, one have to click open one item to view. Secondly, the routes are not displayed properly, and hundreds of JS errors appear in the browser. I already tried cleaning the cache etc., but it doesn't solve the problem. It happens on all browser and any router models (I tried at least 5 different models).

To replicate is super easy, just start adding a few static routes on different interfaces (pptp, l2tp, ethernet, etc.). After adding the first one, usually you cannot add the second one anymore.

Makes the setup painstaking !!!!! It feels like an unfinished product guys, this is a major letdown for me. I have bought more than 2000 devices as of today, please tell me you can do some better testing than this, especially for critical sections like core routing.

Thank you,
Best Regards,
Simone

simlux
just joined
Topic Author

Re: MAJOR webfig issues, on ALL versions 7.x

Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:14 am

I add: to setup, I resorted to downgrade to 6.49.3, setup the routes and then upgrade again... this is risky, unnecessary and dangerous, IMO.

Forgot to mention: the console doesn't work as well. No matter I add them with console or web, they will mess up everything.

Thank you,
Best Regards,
Simone

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:05 pm

I think these webfig issues are known problems.

They have mostly been focused on getting winbox working properly in 7.x, and then I imagine they will turn their attention to webfig. Most people use winbox and not webfig to configure their devices.

Using SSH to log into the device and adding the routes that way should also work fine.

simlux
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:08 am

Hi guys,

I just noticed you have Winbox for Linux, I didn't know that, and I will thus give it a try.

By the way, today I am setting up a RB1100AH (ARM) and the webfig works so far... same config. Seems to me the problem is concentrated around TILE architecture.

Thank you,
Best Regards,
Simone

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:38 am

I just noticed you have Winbox for Linux, I didn't know that, and I will thus give it a try.
Winbox isn't really natively for Linux, but it is fully tested on wine in each release.

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:16 am

I report a major webfig issues on ALL and ANY version 7.x. The IP/Routes menu is unusable, a total mess. First of all, the display problem: the routing tables are not shown anymore in the list, one have to click open one item to view.
This has been what I've observed, even worse, it just doesn't display all routes. This is especially true for those with "ping check" and/or recursive routes it seems.

Winbox also require a refresh way too often, but in webfig that's way more intrusive since it reloads the entire webfig page/app.
Most people use winbox and not webfig to configure their devices.
Really? The guy bought 2K units, expected what Mikrotik calls "stable" to have web UI that shows a "routing table" - kinda the main point of a router. Whether "most people" is true or not is irrelevant – it's a feature and it's been broken for a very long time. Mikrotik doesn't have a list of known issues that would even give the poor guy a clue that "webfig issues are known problems" – other than scanning a Internet forum.

simlux
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:31 am

A snap plugin for a WINE application, OK. Then I'll wait webfig to get fixed.

Thank you,
Best Regards,
Simone

simlux
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:33 am

and just like that .... also, after a reboot, all my routes on RB1100AH are gone.

On the bright side, it gives you a hint is not only related to TILE architecture, but to all.

Thank you,
Best Regards,
Simone

simlux
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:43 am

I have managed to fix the view.

The problem seems to be CONSOLE, not WEBFIG. From command like you can do:
/ip route set [find where distance=1] gateway=pptp-out1

... but that's WRONG on v7 ! You should throw an error, the correct is:
/ip route set [find where distance=1] gateway=%pptp-out1

Having fixed this, the view now is correct. Webfig correctly point out the error, by highlighting the box RED if you put pptp-out1 in, for example, without the % prefix.

Cheers,
Simone