Community discussions

MikroTik App

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Firewall Address List in Route Filters [solved]

Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:07 pm

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature request! With v7 BGP you need to advertise networks by using a firewall address list. I have a script that automatically sets up all the filters for me, previously populating BGP Networks and using the same info to update scripts was quite easy.

With the new filter format I have a rule to reject your own range being advertised back to you. Usually It would take the following format.
if (dst in 100.0.0.0/22 && dst-len <= 32) { reject; }
However I was hoping to be able to do all ranges at once from the firewall address list e.g.
if (dst in bgp-networks && dst-len <= 32) { reject; }

The filter rule accepts the code above with no errors, but it does not work. So the question is, can you use firewall address lists in route filters? And if not, this seems like a really nice feature to include.

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Re: Firewall Address List in Route Filters [solved]

Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:29 pm

I received a response from support. Seems like firewall address list can only match an exact prefix and not a range. It might be added in a future release.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Firewall Address List in Route Filters [solved]

Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:35 pm

With the new filter format I have a rule to reject your own range being advertised back to you.
Why do you need to filter that? When you have a locally connected route and get the same route via BGP, the locally connected route will have a lower distance and takes precedence.