Community discussions

MikroTik App

Minase777
just joined
Topic Author

New script please

Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:23 am

Hello. I'm interested if at this time, there is a script that checks when a new software version exists and then downloads it and install it, also to check if there is new firmware, download it and then restart the mikrotik. Thank you.

Jotne
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: New script please

Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:23 pm

I guess if you google for it, you will find various example.

BUT NEVER EVER SET THIS TO AUTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You could have the script to test if a flag is set on a web server. If the flag is set to yes and the script runs and see that there is a new version and flag is set, then do the upgrade.

I am not sure on how many, but several times stuff has been broken with new software. Some times so bad that you can not longer reach the unit and you need to netinstall it.

So always wait some weeks after a new firmware has been released and read all post on this forum and see if its stable.
If you have many devices, do install new version on a test device and see if it works as expected.

If no big error are reported on the forum, and if your test seems to work fine, then upgrade 1 or just some routers. After even more test , you can take the rest of your routers.

So again, auto upgrade, just because there are a new version, is no no.