Community discussions

MikroTik App

Mihawk95
just joined
Topic Author

Ros V7.1.3 OSPF trouble Init state

Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:45 pm

Hi!

We got a setup with a CCR1036 followed by a CRS317 that is connected to 3 Dell servers running Ubuntu with FRR OSPFD. The OSPF setup was working on the old 6.47.1 software that was before on the CCR, but after we upgraded to 7.1.3 we can't get OSPF to work. (The CCR got bricked by the update so we needed to netinstall it and restore the config with a backup file ).
We tried deleting the ospf config, creating a new one but nothing helps, the status of the neighbour is stuck at init state.
With debug log we see that mikrotik is sending hello and ospfneighbor hello seems to come back too but the states are not changing like it would have some LSA trouble.

We tried everything now but nothing seems to work. I only found some interesting or strange behavior, if I change the broadcast network type to NBMA create a static neighbour and after that I disable the static neighbour and switch back to broadcast network type and mikrotik recreates the settings, ospf magically starts to run (state full) for about 6-10 seconds after that something happens and goes back to init status and stays there forever. This strange behavior can't be recrated with just disabling the normal config and reenabling it, only with the above method.

Another interesting thing is that with another mikrotik a CCR1009 with the same 7.1.3 software, if we try the same ospf config it is running without problem.

Any ideas ? Maybe it's some bug, or something happend after we used a backup file to restore the config ?

Thanks in advance!