Community discussions

MikroTik App

wit4r7
just joined
Topic Author

How to forward VPN to Synology NAS

Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:00 pm

Hello all,

I'm trying to set up a VPN for my network, but I'm struggling with this.

So what do I want to archive?
I'm using a Synology NAS with a VPN Server (L2TP/IPsec) and an integrated DDNS. And for Routing I use an AVM Fritzbox Router (from my Provider) and a RB2011UiAS-RM.

How is my network setup?
My AVM is connected to the internet and the Mikrotik Router is the only client for this. They are both in 192.168.0.0/24. (The AVM is the DHCP here)
My MikrotTik (MT) is connected via Ethernet1 to the AVM and on Ethernet2 to a Switch. Ethernet2 is added to a bridge (Homenetwork1) The MT is running as a DHCP (192.168.1.0/24) for the bridge.
I'm using a masquerade / srcnat to the Ethernet 1 for all the traffic.

What have I tried to get my VPN running?
The UPD ports in my AVM are forwarded to the MT (500,1701,4500), I also tried exposed Host (or a short test). It forwards the Ports to 192.168.0.2 (IP of the MT for the AVM)
In my MT I have set up a Firewall Filter (Forward, UDP (500,1701,4500) to the dst_Ip of my NAS from Interface Ethernet1 action=accept.
I use the dstnat/dsnat for the 3 UDP ports dst_adress=IP of my NAS.
I also tried instead of the firewall filter mentioned above an accept for input on the UDP port together with the NAT rule.

I can't connect to the VPN. It is not responding. Also, I don't see any traffic in the firewall for these rules, so I would assume something is not correct in my configuration.

I hope my description makes sense and I didn't forget something important.

I'm thankful for your input and ideas :)

Best regards,
wit4r7