Community discussions

MikroTik App

t430
just joined
Topic Author

Listing and uploading files not working on Router OS 7.2 (fixed)

Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:42 am

Hey, though I'd write about my (not so) surprising fix for a problem I've had - uploading files and listing them did not work. It didn't work in winbox (file list empty), terminal (with ssh, /file/print detail would just run forever) or webfig. But when I connected over ftp using FileZilla I noticed that the files I've tried to upload have actually uploaded successfully, the UI just never let me know about that.
Turns out the problem was the hard drive I had connected to my RB5009's USB port with a USB to SATA adapter (Ugreen brand). After I disconnected it from the USB port the files started appearing normally and upload was working again.
The drive has 20GB of data on it so I assume the router was just trying to list every single file in every block device, so that's why /file/print detail could have been running for such a long time.
Is there some workaround for this? I assume after I upload my public key to the router I won't be using MikroTik's file browser any more but wanted to ask out of curiosity if there's a way to ignore certain subdirectories to make the file listing run faster?